pjk

pjk

Dear Norton Forum Members,
I just moved to Sweden from the UK with my family and four 70's vintage British OHV four stroke motorbikes, one of which is an 850 Commando. Being winter and all I thought I could use this down time to begin finding useful suppliers of various tools and parts to keep both my bikes and a 67 Land Rover running. What I am having trouble finding is a reputable supplier of suitable oils. From my long history of club memberships in the US and UK I know when it comes to the question of "which oil to use?" the topic is well covered and opinions differ. I respect that. However, having only recently arrived, and regrettably unable to read/speak Swedish (I apologise for writing in English) I am challenged to find a supplier who can provide in bulk quantities a decent 20w50 weight, high ZDDP, wet clutch compliant, motor oil. After only a few hours perusing the internet I have come to learn that the commercial offerings of by the many oil producers -brand/type/weights/specifications here in Sweden are more limited, and that is understandable considering the market. BTW, by bulk I mean in quantities larger than a quart/liter, ideally 20 liters. Also, I am not opposed to using an additive for the extra zinc if needs be. So I am curious to know what other members use, and from where they purchase their supply.
My guess is this is not a new topic, so instead of bringing up the subject again in a new thread I would be thoroughly satisfied with a link to those previous forum discussions on topic of oil selections in Sweden.
Sincerely,
-pjk
74 Commando
74 Trident
77 Tiger
03 Bullet
67 SIIA

PS. Once again, I apologise for writing in English.

Bifogat

• Commando850.jpeg
    Commando850.jpeg
    196.4 KB · Visningar: 4
Hello
I think you will find what you need at Biltema.. They have a good selection of classic single grade oils.
Biltema is a chain of companies that you can find all over Sweden.

Vidar

pjk

Thank you Vidar! Yes, I know of Biltema, have visited many times, and Mekonoman as well, but I just wasn't so satisfied as to decide yet at either. But if your saying these are the only alternatives maybe I will have to reconsider?
Thanks!
-pjk

Hi
There are probably more than Biltema that have a good selection of oils.
I live in Norway and am not very familiar with the selection in Sweden.
We have Biltema in both Norway and Sweden, which is why I know abot Biltema.

Vidar😎

pjk

Hi Vidar, oddly enough I did find this oil on the Biltema website that actually looks quite reasonable and can be purchased in 4lt quantities Mineral oil for vintage cars 20W-50, it's even advertised as JASO MA compliant which is good for bikes with wet clutches. However, no mention of the zinc content but one might assume, as it it marketed for older engines, there should be a reasonable amount.
Thanks again,
-pjk